Books to start you off on your Good Girl Deprogramming journey!
While you're eagerly awaiting the release of Good Girl Deprogramming, here are some fab books by people I greatly admire. Reading (and listening to audiobooks) are one of my favourite things.
These books offer profound insights, practical tools, and empowering stories to guide you on your personal growth, empowerment, and transformation journey.
Enjoy the voyage of self-discovery!
1. Playing Big by Tara Mohr. Step into your true power, overcome self-doubt, and unlock your full potential by playing bigger in your work and life, making a meaningful impact.
I completed Tara's Playing Big Facilitator training, which has positively impacted my life and my clients too! She knows all the things about inner critics, fear and taking small steps into doing the work you want to do. Love her.
2. Be More Pirate by Sam Conniff. Embrace the rebellious spirit of the pirate, challenge the status quo, and rewrite the rules to create positive change and unleash your inner disruptor.
I came across this book in the summer of 2018 and coupled with Tara Mohr above. These two books changed my life. Sam, now a dear friend, showed me that I don't have to do what everyone does and don't need anyone's permission to do anything. The second book, How to be more Pirate, with Alex Barker (another awesome human) is flipping brilliant too!
3. Big Magic. Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. Discover the magic of creativity and how to overcome fear, self-doubt, and perfectionism to unleash your creative potential and live a fulfilling, inspired life.
This is the book that helped me realise that Good Girl Deprogramming was a thing. A thing that could be my thing and encouraged me to pursue the magical idea that had been given to me by the universe.
4. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown. Embrace vulnerability, practice self-compassion, and cultivate wholehearted living by letting go of perfectionism and embracing your authentic self.
I can't tell you the profound impact Brené has had on my personal and professional life. She helped me learn to love and embrace myself, flaws and all!
5. Unbound: A Woman's Guide to Power by Kasia Urbaniak. Discover the keys to reclaiming your power, navigating power dynamics, and developing an authentic presence in a world that often limits women's expression.
When I discovered Kasia's book, I was blown away and immediately got to practising the techniques with our Mistress group (read the book to find out more). Her backstory is brilliant too, love her!
6. Untamed by Glennon Doyle. A fearless exploration of shedding societal expectations, embracing your true self, and living an untamed life filled with authenticity, passion, and purpose.
I adore this book. For so many reasons. Glennon has the best podcast too - so make sure you check it out. Being invited onto her podcast to chat all things Good Girl Deprogramming is on my bucket list, so if you know her, please give her a nudge ;-)
7. Gravitas: Communicate with Confidence, Influence, and Authority by Caroline Goyder. Learn the art of impactful communication, develop a commanding presence, and communicate with confidence, authority, and authenticity.
I've only listened to this once, I think it may be time to revisit. I do send it out to clients who want to increase their gravitas!
Alongside reading, talking about books is something I love doing! So please let me know what I've missed off the list!