So, what's it like to be a Psychologist?
I get asked this quite a bit. So thought it would be a good idea to write a quick blog so people can find out more about what I do.
According to the Association for Business Psychology, Business Psychology is the study and practice of improving working life. It combines an understanding of the science of human behaviour with experience of the world of work to attain effective and sustainable performance for both individuals and organisations - so that's pretty much what I do.
In a nutshell. I run 3 companies with my partner James Eves:
Work Pirates - We believe in a world where everyone feels happy at work, empowered to strive towards their potential and free to create better ways of working. We design and deliver compassionate programmes that unshackle your talent and leave happier, more productive workplaces.
Inspiration North - We help people live happier, more fulfilling lives through podcasting, events, coaching and online programmes.
Insights Business Psychology - We help organisations select and develop awesome humans.
1. Read about what I do on LinkedIn. I am forever tinkering with my profile, so keep an eye out for updates.
2. Listen to my Podcast (was recorded in Jan 2020, so the world has moved on a little since then. Look out for our update episode coming out 4th January 2021 - episode #109- I will add it to this blog post when it becomes available)
(And the update)
3. Listen to me chat about our new business - Work Pirates with Martin Dangerfield. This was totally off the cuff but will give you an insight as to where we are at the start of this journey.
5. Podcast with WD-40 - https://wb40podcast.com/2020/11/09/170-work-pirates/
6. And doing all this with ADHD - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-you-ever-feel-like-youre-just-normal-michelle-minnikin
Hope this helps, and if you have watched/listened and want to find out more, drop me an email at email@example.com and we can set up a chat!